Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"Everyday Use" Before You Read: Traditions and Herlooms



I did not grow up with many traditions although I could consider some things I did traditions. When I was a little girl every Christmas my sisters, my aunt and I would travel to Mexico. The reason we would travel was because we would go celebrate Christmas with my great great grandmother. To me it was always a tradition to open 1 christmas gift at exactly 12 midnight. When I have my children I will let that tradition be passed on and let them open a gift. I also want to pass down my traditional bealiefs of Catholocism. It is a tradition for a young man or young lady before the age of 15 to do his/her baptism,first communion and confess in order to celebrate there 15 birthday. For a young lady it would be called her quinceanera and the young man would be considered his 15 birthday. It is also to recognize that they have whent from a young child to a women or man. I also do not have a posetion that was passed on from any of my family members but I have a rosary that I care for because of its meaning. When I have my first child I would like to give it to eathier him or her. Depending on how many children I was to have that would be the many times it would be passed on. When my child is 15 he/she will take it and take care of it when he/she turns 18 he/she will pass it on to his brother or sister and at the end the youngest of my kids will keep it for when he/she has there children and I would ask that he/she do the same and keep that tradition going. I look forward to to keep these traditions going and make my children happy.

2 comments:

  1. Holding onto those traditions and passing them on to future generations in your family is a wonderful idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proofread your work before posting it. There are several errors that can be avoided if you take some time to look over your work. Avoid writing run-on sentences.

    ReplyDelete