Thursday, April 14, 2011

Playwrights Project Inspired by Music Paragraph

In class today, we had to write three scenes that we could imagine while listening to three different instrumentals. While listening to the first song I wrote about a young girl named Ishmaely stranded in a deserted island. The song brought sadness and loneliness so I wrote that the girl was by herself next to the water ready to stand up and head to sit up on a rock. For the second song I wrote about a 17 year old girl who was escaping her house every night to go sell her body to drunk men. This young girl was only trying to support her mom because her mother had no money. The reason I wrote about this was because it was the first thing that automatically popped up in my head as the song finished. At first, I was not really looking forward to doing the assignment because it took imagination and I really though I wasn't going to be able to do it but then the imagination came out really easy. While listening to the music, I came up with more then one story but I feel I chose the one I wanted to be heard. While I was writing, I I felt like I was able to describe in detail what was in my mind and I also felt like I could actually see it all happening. Afterward, I felt great because I found out I can actually wright a play and my stories would be great to listen to.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome,Maybe next time you will have an even better idea.

    ReplyDelete