Monday, October 25, 2010

"The Cold Equation" from Marilyn's Point of View


I don't know what I was doing. All I wanted was to see my brother. I promised my momma and daddy that I would go back. My brother was in a plant called Wooden. I really wanted to see him so I hopped on an EDS. I saw a sign I read it and said “ Unauthorized personal keep out.” I knew I would be breaking some kind of regulation. I thought I had to pay a fine or something related to that matter but I was wrong. I was hiding in a closet. I thought no one would find me and I would make it safe there. When unexpectedly a man named Branton caught me. He thought I was a man or at least wished I was. He said it would have made his job way easier for him. I was a stellaway and I was not supposed to be there. I was in big trouble! I had to die because I was taking up there fuel and slowed down there shipping, at least that was what was mentioned. I was scared and I wheeped. I tried to convince Mr.Branton but he said he couldn't help me all I could do was write to my momma and daddy. I asked if I were able to say goodbye to my brother he dialed as I waited. "Don't feel like that, don't let me go knowing you feel like that" I said "He tried to help me Gerry, your fading out Gerry"....."Maybe I'll come to you in your dreams with my hair braided and crying because my kitten died or maybe I will be the touch of the breeze that whispers to you when it goes by.... think of me like that Gerry always like that and not the other way".....these were the words I had to tell my brother before I was gone "Goodbye Gerry"...and as the words came out of his mouth with the last good bye from him I hung up and got ready for my death. I was no longer afraid but happy to be able to speak to my brother one last time. In my heart I new this wasn’t an official goodbye and I would see him agian but hopefully not to soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment