Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Portfolio - Improvement

Over the past two years, I have improved on my righting skills a lot. I can seriously say that I love righting and proud to have learned as much as I have. When I first entered my first year of high school I was completely horrible at righting. I did not know the proper punctuations and were they belonged in a sentence. I was always righting run on sentences and never actually put periods anywhere. Now as a sophomore entering my junior year I have learned proper grammar and I am able to grade other people’s paper besides my own. I am also capable of using bigger vocabulary words and actually knowing what they mean. I improved in my righting skills by practicing on paper, games like free rice etc, and my teachers/staff help. When I entered high school for the first time I did not only have a problem with righting but also with reading. When I arrive I had to take a reading to test to see were I was at. When I took that test and found out my score I was a little disappointed because I had a low score. My reading skills have got much better as the time passed. I noticed I was able to read much better and comprehend what I reed if I reed to myself. I improved my reading skills and scores by taking a reading support class. Now I can read at a twelfth grade level. My speaking skills were definitely not the best I also needed more work and help. In order to improve them I started to take a little program on the computer called Rosetta stone which helps me speak English better and understand what others were saying and meant. When I finished the program I was able to understand and say everything correctly. My group skills have always been good. I have always been able to work with people and cope with them. Sometimes I strongly believed that working in groups for certain assignments helped me a lot more then doing it all by myself. My group skills are still the same, they haven’t changed. I enjoy working with peers because it makes the job much easier and it gets it done faster. My technology skills were not the best. When I entered my first year of high school I already knew the basics like how to type an essay and make a power point etc. Now that I have had more time to work with computers I learned about different ways to create things and make them fun. I learned plenty of new things that I did not know existed with technology. I even learned about cyber safety which I was never aware of. For the rest of the two years I have left in high school I will be making sure that I keep improving on my skills. I will keep on asking questions and even researching sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, as your get older a lot of your skills improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though that is true, you still might wanna check your post,spelling mistakes.

    ReplyDelete