Monday, January 24, 2011

Symbolism and Allegory Unit Reflection

Over the past few weeks my class as well as I have been learning about symbolism and allegory. I learned about symbolism in many different ways for example our class was assigned a project called Glogster. Were basically my partner and I had to create a poster with 3 pictures and quotes. This assignment was based on our story that we had just finished reading called " Through the Tunnel." Our poster was to show that we understood the story and its perspective as well as to make sure we new what the symbolism of the story was. For example when we added a picture of rocks and water the picture symbolized when the young boy came out the water and a gush of blood came off his goggles. On the other hand I also learned about allegory. I learned about allegory by reading certain story's for example my classmates and I just finished reading "Animal Farm." My classmates and I had to complete a paragraph regarding the story and how it compares to the real world. We had to explain the allegory in the story which was when Snowball was chased away caused by rumors that 2other individuals had made. Here at San Pasquale Academy students can peer pressure student and give them a hard time in order for them to not want to resign here anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment